36 Colonial-Style Beachfront Apartments
Cable Beach, Nassau, Bahamas
Cable Beach Manor
Cable Beach Manor in Nassau, on the north coast of New Providence, Bahamas, was built by the Count de Marigny from Mauritius in 1940. The Count used a colonial design well suited to the climate, with gable bents, jalousied doors, trellising and wide, shaded balconies. The Palladian staircase leads to covered walkways and the archway leads to the sandy beach. There are decorative keystones over the windows, quoined corners and a cupola on the roof. The ceilings are made of pecky cypress cedar wood and the original roof was made of cedar shingles. The pool lends cohesion to the newer wing. A selection of flowering plants and palms adds to the attractive setting and atmosphere.
Count de Marigny was later tried for the murder of his father -in -law, Sir Harry Oakes, in 1943, and aquitted. The Manor then served as accommodation for RAF Officers. Later owners included Lord Brownlow, and ADC to the Duke of Windsor, and Sir Victor Sassoon of Hong Kong. Since 1965 the Manor has been owned by the Wiberg family.
Painting by David Hamilton – Jones 1997
Set Your Own Pace
Set your own pace in a setting of elegant informality. The Manor is directly on the ocean on Nassau’s fashionable Cable Beach. With its own private beach as well as a protected fresh-water swimming pool in the tropical gardens. If you want peace, quiet and privacy — it’s yours. If you want the excitement of Nassau living — it’s here, too.
Over the Years…
Almost an acre of secluded gardens, patios, a pool, quiet corners, oceanfront lawns, barbecues and ping-pong tables and chairs for quiet relaxation — or socializing with your neighbors.
- All apartments are fully furnished and equipped
- A casual, friendly, congenial atmosphere
- Full walk-in kitchens with fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster
- Great location, near the center or the Island; just a few steps to supermarket, shops, restaurants, bus stop, post office – no need for a car
- Good security: Night watchman, closed circuit TV cameras with recorders
- Plenty of free parking
- Free satellite TV, 5 channels
- Telephones and cable TV available quickly
- Spacious guest lounge with library, pay phone, free local phone
- Right on excellent beach
- Water and gas included
- Freelance maids available
- Full coin operated laundry
- Use of our fax, P.O. box
- Reliable electricity, water supplies
Suites & Apartments
Studio, 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom apartments for 6 months or more.
Studio Apartments: $800 – $1100
1 Bedroom: $1000 – $1600
2 Bedroom: $1200 – $2000
Rents are payable monthly in advance. Minimum stay 6 months. First and last month and a $300 security deposit are required on check-in. Tenants may give 30 days’ notice at any time after 5 months. No advance reservations accepted. Maid service – it’s easy to arrange your own. Normal office hours are 8am – 4pm Monday- Friday. Make appointments for other times. Pay your own electric bills to BEC or to us.
For info and availabilities please call or email us…